Tips for Cleaning Your Home Before You Move OutWhether you are selling your home or moving out of your rental, there will be some cleaning that has to be done. How well you clean is important, because you could be one cobweb away from getting back your security deposit or receiving an offer on your house. As a Maryland cleaning company, we frequently do move-out cleanings for our local Eldersburg customers, both residential and commercial. Here are a few tips on which areas to address when scrubbing your home or apartment that one last time.
Throughout the House
- If you are not repainting, remove scuff marks from walls and baseboards.
- Take down cobwebs and wipe dust from lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, ledges, crown molding, baseboards and the tops of cabinets.
- Clean the windows, including window sills and curtain rods/blinds.
- Clean door knobs, light switch plates and outlet covers.
- Vacuum or hire a steam-cleaner if needed.
- Mop hardwood and tile to make sure they are free from stains.
- Move everything that is movable and clean underneath.
In the Bathroom
- Remove soap scum off the shower/tub surround.
- Remove all traces of hair from the sink, drain, floor and bath/shower area.
- Clean all faucets and other plumbing fixtures; scrub the toilet.
- Wipe the mirror clean.
- If there is mold, remove it with bleach.
- Clean the vanity from top to bottom.
- Wipe the dust from the fan cover.
In the Kitchen
- Clean all cabinet doors and door pulls.
- Clean/disinfect countertops and the kitchen table.
- Clean the sink, faucet and drain as needed.
- Clean the refrigerator inside and out.
- Make sure the dishwasher is free of scum or food debris, clean as needed.
- Clean the vent hood.
- Clean the stove top and the oven, as well as other appliances that will remain in the house.
A Few Considerations for TenantsIf you are moving out of a rental unit, it’s best to clean after you remove all the furniture and personal possessions. Cleaning, moving furniture and surrendering your keys the same day is a lot to accomplish, and there’s a chance you’ll miss some important details. Besides, if you get the cleaning done early, you can have someone from the property management company do a preliminary walk-through with you to identify any potential issues. This way you can fix them before the final inspection to make sure you get your deposit back. Keep in mind that you are only required to clean up the dirt and dust you’ve contributed to. If the toilet had a permanent calcified stain around the rim when you moved in, you don’t have to scrub it until your fingers bleed. None the less, a move-out cleaning can be a lot of work! And if you don’t have any helpers, it can take a long time—if you need our Maryland cleaning company to lend you a hand, let us now!
A Few Considerations for Home SellersWhether you decide to stage your home or let the home buyers use their own imagination, you have to clean it first. A clean home is instantly more inviting and gives your potential buyer that “clean slate” they can build upon to create their own oasis. Because your home may end up sitting on the market for some time, you may need to come in and do general dusting every once in a while to keep it presentable. This is also something Immaculate Clean can help you with.
Before You CleanBefore you dig out your mop and bucket from a never-used utility closet, ask yourself what you know about cleaning. If you’ve never really cleaned much the whole time you lived in this place, there is a lot of work to be done—work you have little experience with. Believe us, you can do a lot of damage by using wrong cleaning approaches and wrong cleaning products if you are inexperienced. If cleaning is not your forte, it’s best to leave it to professionals like our team here at Immaculate Clean. We’ll be sure to pay attention to every detail and get your home sparkling clean from top to bottom. Call us or contact online to get your home, apartment or office professionally cleaned before you move in or out.
July 18, 2019 Moving Out
Why Hire Professional Cleaners When You Move?
Moving can be a difficult and very stressful time. You need to pack everything up, hire a moving company, update your address, along with many other arrangements and coordination. You'll also need to...
June 2, 2017 Blogs By JillCleaning CompanyMoving Out
“Selling a Home is So Much Fun,” said No One Ever
My parents are selling their home. It’s not exactly my childhood home. In fact, it’s more than that. I moved a lot as a child. From Ohio to Poughkeepsie, Miami to Buffalo, and a longer stay in NJ. That’s...