October 12, 2015by adminCleaning Tips
5 Cleaning Habits for a More Organized HouseholdLet’s face it, not everyone is born with the “organizing gene.” And even those who do manage to keep their homes neat and clean, often spend hours and hours to achieve this, taking precious time away from other activities. As a Maryland cleaning company, we love to help people get their freedom from cleaning back, whether it’s by lending a hand or by offering some tips. Today, we’ve put together a list of 5 essential cleaning habits that can help you fight the mess more efficiently.
Identify Your Biggest MessesEvery family has their own patterns and cleaning pain points. But if you know yours, it becomes clearer where you should focus your efforts and what will make the biggest impact. Look around your home for areas that consistently get dirty or cluttered and make your home look messy. For instance:
- Do you let your junk mail pile up high?
- Does your coffee table get covered in crumbs, cups and snacks because kids like to watch TV after school?
- Do cardboard boxes from received shipments tend to sit on the floor for weeks before getting put into recycling?
Clean as You GoCleaning as you go is one of the best ways to not end up with a mile-long cleaning to-do list to tackle over the weekend. Cleaning as you go simply means taking some time right now to do things you are tempted to put off till later. Here are a few examples:
- Once your laundry is finished, fold it as you take it out of the dryer, so that you can take it straight upstairs and put away.
- As you get out of your car, grab any trash that’s there and throw it away.
- After you’ve finished drinking your tea or coffee, rinse the cup off, so that you can reuse it later instead of taking out a new cup.