Maryland cleaning company we help home and business owners like you the best we can. But don’t you wonder sometimes what “dust” actually is and why it keeps coming back? We were curious about that too, so we’ve put together this article to offer you more insight into dust and how to fight it.
What Dust is Made ofBefore we get to figuring out the sources of dust in your home, let’s first take a look at what dust is made of—this will give you some clues. The science tells us that dust is a cocktail made of the following main ingredients:
- dead skin that we shed (about 70% of dust)
- pet dander (dead skin that your pets shed)
- tiny particles of dirt and sand
- insect feces and dead insect shells (mainly dust mites)
- pollen and mold spores
- fibers from fabrics and paper